Russia NBC

Americans who watched the Olympics Friday night saw NBC’s opening segment, which was narrated by Game of Thrones actor Peter Dinklage. What struck me most about the video was the fact that Americans will whitewash (or was that redwash?) Communism’s history for free, in ways the old Soviet Union mandated for its own media.

In a delivery that said, “Don’t you wish you grew up under the Soviet Union?” Dinklage intoned:

Russia overwhelms. Russia mystifies. Russia transcends. Through every stage of its story, it’s resisted any notion of limitation. Through every re-invention, only redoubling its desire to cast a towering presence. The empire that ascended to affirm a colossal footprint. The revolution that birthed one of modern history’s pivotal experiments. But if politics has long shaped our sense of who they are, its passion that endures as a more reliable record to their collective heart.”

The last time I heard a delivery like that I was in the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, listening to Out of Many One,’ the film that plays before visitors go on a tour of the building. It makes sense to have a feel-good warm-and-fuzzy video about America in the nation’s capital, but it’s quite another thing for American media to romanticize Russia and its Communist past — particularly when Russian commentators describe American athletes using gay slurs.

Russia

CNBC reports:

Dina Gusovsky: I was actually born in Russia when it was still the Soviet Union. I moved here in 1991 and then I was an anchor and reporter for Russia Today, which became RT America. So I know I thing or two about Russia.

Ted Kemp: So, they’re saying some negative things. Give us some examples. What type of things are you hearing a lot of as you’re listening to these broadcasts.

Dina Gusovsky: Well, anytime they talk about the Americans they use their favorite derogatory term, which is ‘bindorse.’  I can’t quite translate into English because we would get in a lot of trouble. The first part of it is a derogatory term about people’s sexuality. The second part of it is a version of “stupid Americans.”  They combined the two. They got creative — they combined the two and came up with ‘bindorse.’

The funny thing about multiculturalism is that its a one-way street. If you’re an American who believes “all cultures are equal” you only need to do a bit of traveling (or speak another language) to understand that the rest of the world does not extend the favor in our direction. While the Russian commentators are referring to American gymnasts as “crooked-legged girls” that walk like bears in their native tongue, American media outlets are creating schmaltzy montages dedicated to portraying an idealized Russia.

If you want to know how dangerous multiculturalism is to the long-term health of a nation, I suggest watching the explanation Mark Steyn gave on the issue to a group at Pepperdine University in 2007. I probably link to the commentary every six months…but that’s because it’s that good. Expect a full transcription sometime soon.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to peruse the work of Russian artist Andrew Tarusov. You can read more about him at The People’s Cube.

Russian pinupThe guy has talent.

Russian pinup August

Advertisements

About the Author Douglas Ernst

I'm a former Army guy who believes success comes through hard work, honesty, optimism, and perseverance. I believe seeing yourself as a victim creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. I believe in God. I'm a USC Trojan with an MA in Political Science from American University.

57 comments

  1. I can’t say whose side I’m on for this. On the one hand, I despise the Russians because of their past and because I know that if I look into Putin’s eyes, I’ll see the words, ‘KGB’ written on them, but on the other hand, I REALLY like things that get the rainbow crowd and liberals riled up and their attempts at being ‘multicultural’ back firing in their faces as well as the fact that Sochi seems to be a sucktastic place ON PURPOSE for the Olympics this year.

    So, I think, at least until Russia starts doing things that are more obviously evil, I’ll applaud them in outlawing gay propaganda aimed at children and protecting their minds from such evil, and will share in the tremendous troll faces I know they have about foreign nationals competing in their intentionally bad Olympics.

    Hats off to the Reds, for once.

    1. I think beating someone with a baton and hauling them off to jail for the “crime” of carrying a rainbow-colored flag is pretty evil. I think people who have a proper understanding of their faith can look at anything deemed “propaganda” and reject it without the aid of the police. I also think coming up with mean-spirited words or phrases for the sole purpose of inflicting psychological harm on gay people is morally reprehensible.

    2. “for the sole purpose of inflicting psychological harm on gay people…”

      Isn’t that like shooting a dude whose already dead?

      “is morally reprehensible…”

      …like homosexuality itself.

    3. “Isn’t that like shooting a dude whose already dead?” — The Person Who Is Person (Emmanuel)

      I was going to delete this comment, but I want to keep it up so other can see the hate and anger that dwells within your heart.

      “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” Matthew 7:1-5

      You are banned until March 9. If you post between now and then the ban will double.

    4. hi, I agree completely. I may not live in Russia but I am also gay and this has gone too far. Being Gay may be a sin to lots of people or the homophobes out there who don’t have an open mind think it’s dirty and wrong. Remember when parents used to teach their kid the golden rule? “Treat others the way you want to be treated.” And if being Gay is a sin, so what RUSSIA? EVERYBODY has sinned and honestly I think people who are different will go to heaven when they die. haters- not so much…
      sorry this really has nothing to do with the sochi olympics but I think it’s pretty cool for people to fight back against injustice.

    5. Hi Angela. Thanks for commenting. I really appreciate the time you took to read and respond. Yes, I generally feel as though it’s possible to disagree with someone without being disagreeable. It’s fine for people to feel one way or the other about “behavior x,” but it’s not okay to go out of your way to hurt someone.

      Again, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

  2. “I think people who have a proper understanding of their faith can look at anything deemed “propaganda” and reject it without the aid of the police.”

    Oh yeah, like the dude who practically said that theistic-evolution/evolutionary-creationism was viable knows anything about understanding faith, let alone his alone.

    1. Emmanuel, my patience with you is done. You have serious issues that you need to work on, so instead of giving you an intellectual body slam for Carl, Patrick, Hube, Tom and everyone else to see, I will ban you for one month. That will allow you time to sit and reflect and your inability to handle disagreements with others like a mature adult. Like Lizard19, if you think I’m bluffing and decide to post I will double the ban.

      I hope you decide to grow and mature between now and March 9.

    2. Wow. He actually did it. He’s actually proven himself to be another version of Lizard19. I’ve blocked him at my blog, too; I don’t want him thinking that he can harass me over there, even though I technically no longer blog. He needs to grow up, get some help for his deep-seated anger issues and get a life. Do something more productive than scouring the internet looking for arguments to start.

      Hey, what Russia did is reprehensible. Hear that, Emmanuel? I’m a straight white conservative and I think beating someone because of their sexuality or whatever is reprehensible, as does anyone with an ounce of humanity. I can’t fathom how anyone could be okay with that, but apparently you are.

    3. Why am I not surprised that the guy who “learned” that gay people were responsible for WWII would tip his hat to the kind of thugs who would beat a guy up for walking down the street with a rainbow flag?

      A friend of mine sent me an email that put it quite well:

      I think that Emmanuel is one of those people that if you don’t 100% agree with him, he gets defensive and starts swinging — ironically deifying himself. He’s annoyed so many people that they too are now defensive with him and the problem has compounded where he can’t have a rational conversation about anything with anyone. Lizard did the same. …

      The Carl thing is weirder to me, because he asked Carl to collaborate on writing, then berates the guy for having an opinion! …

      And, I think it’s tacky to go on a veteran’s blog and say he’d dodge. It’s not the fact he doesn’t want any part of it; it’s his implication that those that join are stupid cogs in some nefarious wheel engineered by a Dr. Evil (insert conspiracy theory of your choice here), which he says is a “news flash to Doug”… That also sounds Lizardish to me.

      I have some very astute readers…

    4. That is, I blocked him in case I decided to start blogging again. I deleted a few nonsensical comments of his just the other day.

    5. I am not surprised, either. I admit I didn’t see when he’d posted that, but considering you had to edit some of the nonsense he posted, it probably wasn’t good.

      Your friend is spot-on when it comes to the Emmannuel-Lizard comparison.

      “I think that Emmanuel is one of those people that if you don’t 100% agree with him, he gets defensive and starts swinging — ironically deifying himself. He’s annoyed so many people that they too are now defensive with him and the problem has compounded where he can’t have a rational conversation about anything with anyone. Lizard did the same.”

      Both of them can’t handle it when people disagree them, so they resort to personal attacks. Lizard infamously wished that I would never procreate. Emmanuel said I was “sexist” because I thought it likely that Wonder Woman’s origin would be changed for Man of Steel 2 to fit better with the overall sci-fi tone of the DC Cinematic Universe. Kind of like what they did to the Asgardians in the MCU. That, and I was apparently the reason why comic book movies used to suck or some such nonsense.

      “The Carl thing is weirder to me, because he asked Carl to collaborate on writing, then berates the guy for having an opinion!”

      I’m glad your friend brought that up, too. Part of me has wondered if his abrasiveness toward me was in part because I didn’t want to collaborate with him on writing. You know, bitterness because I said I didn’t want him to. Even though a) I don’t like collaborating with others on writing, because it always turns into a yelling match over creative differences (like a friend of mine who I’d try to collaborate on screenplays with) and I don’t want someone else taking credit for something I came up with and b) I don’t even know Emannuel. I’ve never met the dude in personand I don’t want to share my ideas with a total stranger, especially not one with the kind of anger issues he has.

      “And, I think it’s tacky to go on a veteran’s blog and say he’d dodge. It’s not the fact he doesn’t want any part of it; it’s his implication that those that join are stupid cogs in some nefarious wheel engineered by a Dr. Evil (insert conspiracy theory of your choice here), which he says is a “news flash to Doug”… That also sounds Lizardish to me.”

      It’s more than tacky. I thought it was low of him to say- disgusting, actually-, and a complete sign of disrespect for the military and a veteran. He seems to enjoy indulging in bizarre conspiracy theories that no sane person would endorse. He’d fit in well with the Truther crowd, to be sure. Just like Lizard, who cited a 9-11 Truther (Paul Craig Roberts) when talking about “political evolution.”

    6. it was the Russians who were hurting people like me, and their leader thought being gay and pedophilia are the same. I haven’t heard of any people like me in Russia hurting anybody in any riot.

  3. I must echo Carl; wow!

    Comment on a guy’s blog for a long time, then turn around and belittle his military service, faith, and character.

    Ask Carl to collaborate on writing, then turn around and imply mean things about his character….

    I think Emmanuel intellectually body slammed himself.

    Onto the post; apparently Russia is hosting the 2018 men’s world cup also. I’m not sure what is more amusing, Russia convincing international sport bodies that they are welcoming, stable hosts with the proper infrastructure for these events; or the fact that these sport bodies -and some media outlets- buy into it.

    1. Agreed! He did this to himself and now he’ll hopefully do something more productive than sit around and troll the internet looking for arguments to start for the sake of arguing. There are sites that tolerate that nonsense, but Doug isn’t one of them.

      As for Russia: I didn’t know they were hosting the 2018 World Cup. I don’t really pay attention to the Olympics much and I’m not a big soccer fan, but it’s disgusting that the media is sugarcoating the whole thing. They conveniently forget that it was Russia under Stalin who butchered 12 million people.

      That idiot Bob Costas was doing the exact same thing the other day. Not surprising. He’s too busy clamoring for gun control and declaring the Redskins name “racist” to actually do some research, but then again I expect a sports guy to talk about sports, not politics.

    2. From what I read at your blog and here, I give both you and Doug much credit for having a long rope with him…..but even a long rope gets used up, he crossed the line lately.

      Ironically, for the two people banned; Emmanuel’s comments are the “Christian Taliban” thing that lizard was always carping about; and lizard’s comments reflect the “godless liberals” that emmanuel seems to think its ok to beat down physically…..Doug’s blog has garnered some interesting viewpoints!

    3. Ironically, for the two people banned; Emmanuel’s comments are the “Christian Taliban” thing that lizard was always carping about; and lizard’s comments reflect the “godless liberals” that emmanuel seems to think its ok to beat down physically…..Doug’s blog has garnered some interesting viewpoints!

      BOOM!

      Yes, I’m quite happy that you, Carl, Hube, Tom, Nate Winchester, Lightbringer and a few others represent the core of the comments section.

    4. ‘Ironically, for the two people banned; Emmanuel’s comments are the “Christian Taliban” thing that lizard was always carping about; and lizard’s comments reflect the “godless liberals” that emmanuel seems to think its ok to beat down physically…..Doug’s blog has garnered some interesting viewpoints!”

      Exactly, Patrick! I must admit, that didn’t occur to me until you mentioned it! A very astute observation! They’re like Bizarro Universe counterparts or something. Or Mirror Universe counterparts.

      And I enjoy being a part of the core commenters on here! It always makes for lively, insightful discussions.

    5. “From what I read at your blog and here, I give both you and Doug much credit for having a long rope with him…..but even a long rope gets used up, he crossed the line lately.”

      I actually am more tolerant than I let on. But I don’t like abrasive bullies (my experiences with such people calling me “retard kid” back in middle school is a big reason) who harass people for petty reasons or resort to childish name-calling when they can’t agree to disagree on something.

    6. Yes, I agree, you and Doug have been extremely tolerant in your respective blogs; that’s why I say it is a credit to you. Hopefully after some “penalty box” time; Emmanuel can be tolerant too. People bully because they believe tearing others down will somehow build them up…but reality is the bully loses credibility because belittling those with a different belief system won’t make him a better christian, not even being open to listen to another script idea will not make him a better writer, and condoning gay beatings will not make him a somehow “straighter” man. As Doug wisely stated a few posts back, if one shuts themselves out from the rest of the world (in this case by bullying temper tantrums) don’t be shocked when the world leaves him behind.

    7. How weird is it that Russia goes out of its way to find excuses to jail gay people, and then it creates male bathroom stalls…built for two? In all seriousness though, you’re spot on about the infrastructure.

      Side note about military service: In basic training I had to use a bathroom with about 15 toilets all lined up next to one another. It really is a humbling experience to have diarrhea in front of a room full of people! Those were the days. 😉

    8. Haha. Well, I don’t really believe I had ADHD but some teachers did. I believe I was just…a rambunctious boy. I believe what most people call ADHD is (the vast majority of the time) is simply someone who hasn’t had a reality check. The inclination is to pump kids up with drugs as soon as possible. I’m not saying doctors should never prescribe them, but I am saying that the U.S. loves looking for a magic pill to pop to solve its problems. Too fat? Pill. Too energetic? Pill. Too lethargic? Pill. Too angry? Pill. Too nervous? Pill.

    9. South Africa did an admirable job hosting the last world cup, and got its stadiums and infrastructure together. Much like Russia, they didn’t have the smoothest era of history the last twenty years; unlike Russia, they got it together for the event as promised. Hopefully 2018 goes smoother for the tournament’s sake.

    10. My own personal theory with ADHD is that it stems from kids not playing outside anymore. You never see kids running around climbing trees or riding bikes as much. Instead they play on their xbox and PlayStation.

      As for Emmanuel. I hope he takes the time to reflect on why he has been banned.

      A lot of the old Eastern Bloc still hold extreme views on sexuality and race. It isn’t uncommon to watch soccer matches on tv and hear monkey chants at black players. These clubs do not get fined when it happens.

      It’s one of the reasons why I believe liberals (especially celebrities) are just paying lip service to the issues they claim so strongly to care about. Their products are sold around the world yet they can’t comment on things happening in other countries asctgey aren’t relevant.

    11. I live in a neighborhood full of kids. I only know this because sometimes I see the school bus drop them off on my day off. Where do they go? Directly inside. Even over the summer I seldom see kids play outside. It’s weird that a 34 year old guy like myself is out in the warm weather go for runs, exercising, etc. more than 10-12 year old kids.

      When I was a kid I used to play baseball with my friends over the summer almost every day. It’s sad that the kids in my current neighborhood hole up inside playing video games all day.

    12. “My own personal theory with ADHD is that it stems from kids not playing outside anymore. You never see kids running around climbing trees or riding bikes as much. Instead they play on their xbox and PlayStation.”

      I think you’re right on the money, Andrew. When I was a little kid, I played outside quite a bit. I’d go for long bike rides, I’d play tag, I’d do all sorts of things and sometimes be outside pretty much all day. I didn’t actually get my first video game console (a Nintendo Gamecube) until seventh grade, after years of asking my parents to get me one. Even then, I still went outside and played if it was nice enough. Nowadays, kids spent the majority of their time playing video games, glued to their Pihones, on Facebook and Twitter and whatever social network is popular the moment. As face-to-face interactions go away thanks to kids being glued to social media, so do social skills.

      “I live in a neighborhood full of kids. I only know this because sometimes I see the school bus drop them off on my day off. Where do they go? Directly inside. Even over the summer I seldom see kids play outside. It’s weird that a 34 year old guy like myself is out in the warm weather go for runs, exercising, etc. more than 10-12 year old kids.”

      I too live in a neighborhood where there’s a few kids. A few of them run around and go for walks and the such, but in the summer, there are some that stay instead. I usually go for long walks in the summer and sometimes ride my bike. When I’ve been up north, I’ve gone hiking at Gooseberry Falls and at the Lutsen Resort.

      “A lot of the old Eastern Bloc still hold extreme views on sexuality and race. It isn’t uncommon to watch soccer matches on tv and hear monkey chants at black players. These clubs do not get fined when it happens.”

      And it doesn’t surprise me that the Eastern Bloc is still like that. Here in America you have race hustlers (Sharpton, Jackson, Toure, etc) who promote the narrative that America hasn’t changed racially since 1955, even though there actually has been a ton of progress since then. You’d think they would be up in arms about fans doing a monkey chant at a black player, but in their minds white conservative Americans are the only racists. It’s sad. Here in America they’d be fined in an instant.

      “It’s one of the reasons why I believe liberals (especially celebrities) are just paying lip service to the issues they claim so strongly to care about. Their products are sold around the world yet they can’t comment on things happening in other countries asctgey aren’t relevant.”

      You’re absolutely right there, too. I think it’s just a show for these celebrities; they can demonize America, but they turn a blind eye to what Russia’s doing? I don’t get it.

    13. Haha, yes the vuvuzelas were annoying….like a giant horde of off key bees constantly buzzing. I’ll rank that with thunder sticks and “the wave” as most annoying things at stadiums. Outside of the game itself, my favorite thing was when Charles Barkley played, he and the Denver Nuggets mascot used to “fight” during warmups, it was funny and I always appreciated that Charles wasn’t so full of himself that he could be a good sport with the mascot’s pranks.

      Though vuvuzelas were bad, they did symbolize the festive atmosphere that the south Africans created for the games. There was rumblings in FIFA that South Africa couldn’t host, but they pulled it off, and I tip my hat to them…….hopefully the USA team puts on a better showing this time around!

  4. Wow, just saw this. Emmanuel is really a piece of work. Hopefully, he is not an example (and I don’t think he is) of a majority of the GOP, socially speaking.

    In other news, good point above about how S. Africa managed to get its act together for the World Cup but Sochi is a mess. Hopefully, Rio will do the same as S. A. for this year’s Cup.

    1. He’s always been a piece of work, and like Andrew said once, he is a troll that posts inflammatory comments. I remember a Dan Slott-related post where he wanted to talk about his hometown of Jacksonville instead of the subject at hand.

      I don’t think that his views represent a majority of social conservatives, either, and I certainly don’t agree with him; my views on the matter at hand are similar to Hube’s and Doug’s: I believe in civil unions with the same benefits as traditional marriages and I don’t think the government should become involved in the marriage business, period.

      Sochi is a mess. I really hope Rio isn’t the same come 2016 when they host the Summer Olympics.

  5. Well its a snow day and I’ve been reading your material. Good stuff. I’ll buy your book when it comes out. I’m confused by some things however and perhaps you will indulge me and enlighten me on some issues. I don’t understand your moral outrage at the “homophobic” fellow you banned. You are obviously a Christian and a Catholic? So then why do you hate Russians? Because their leaders persecuted them in the past? “Love holds no record of wrongs”, right? Why do you judge them so harshly? Judge not right? Do they all try to justify what Stalin did to them during the purge? Do they sit around the family table drinking vodka and praising the virtues of Stalin? I’m thinking probably not. But, I don’t know for sure. And I will readily admit that my ignorance is vast. I think its telling that you question the Russian’s logic of banning homosexual propaganda while meanwhile creating male bathrooms for two. Are you suggesting that a port-a-potty for two is analogous to a cheap motel for gay guys? “Build it and they will come.”…no pun intended. Perhaps such a vile thing never even entered their minds. Why is this vulgar thought it in your western, christian mind? Perhaps it’s those vile things that westerners think and shrug off that they wish to keep out of their children’s minds. Perhaps when they see that rainbow flag it provokes a similar fear and outrage that our fathers felt by seeing one of their fellow citizens walking down a city street waving the hammer and sickle. Perhaps the laws they passed against homosexual propaganda are reactions to what is happening in the West regarding the change in marriage laws. Perhaps it is fear based, like the constitutional amendments regarding marriage in the South. Where has the virtue of tolerance has gotten us? The belief that our forefathers were a bunch of homophobic bigots and haters. And yet the West still looks down their enlightened noses at the rest of the world and demands that they conform to our standard of morality. It is no wonder they sneer at us. I’m ashamed. I think we are quickly losing any moral authority we had. The belief in the goodness of homosexuality is still a minority opinion on this planet and is certainly a minority opinion if we take all of humanity into consideration. How will your great grandfather greet you when you meet him? I welcome a response even if it isn’t public. Your brother.

    1. I don’t understand your moral outrage at the “homophobic” fellow you banned.

      No, you don’t understand that I — and my regular readers — have put up with Emmanuel’s antics for months. I don’t believe I used the word ‘homophobic’ to describe him, although considering he “learned” that gay people were responsible for the Holocaust I’d say anyone who does use that word would have a very strong case.

      So then why do you hate Russians?

      I don’t hate Russians. I don’t hate anyone. Attempting to put words in my mouth doesn’t work. Try quoting me and asking a question about that instead.

      Why do you judge them so harshly?

      How am I judging the Russian people? I have done no such thing. I have an issue with Communism — it is anathema to freedom and individual liberty — but I’ve said nothing about the Russian people. I’m sorry if you can’t separate the two. This post is also about multiculturalism, and how it’s generally a one-way street. You can go to any American University and find professors who will rip their own country to shreds. Somehow, I don’t think you’ll find Russian universities filled with professors who pine for the days of Ronald Reagan, or courses dedicated to ‘The Federalist Papers.’

      I think its telling that you question the Russian’s logic of banning homosexual propaganda while meanwhile creating male bathrooms for two. Are you suggesting that a port-a-potty for two is analogous to a cheap motel for gay guys?

      It was a joke. People who are so freaked out about gay people that they would beat a guy for carrying a rainbow flag probably should not be creating bathrooms where guys will be staring at another man’s private parts as he pees.

      Why is this vulgar thought it in your western, christian mind?

      Zzzzz. Slow clap for Edward, interestingly enough, posting from North Carolina. He turned my joke into some weird comment on how the Western mind is corrupt. Good one. That’s never been done before.

    2. Yeah, I’m not one to throw out the “homophobia” card (like “racism” and “sexism,” it’s a card used to shut down your by liberals), but given Emmanuel insane conspiracy theories about they were supposedly responsible for perpetrating the Holocaust and the fact that he sees nothing wrong with Russia beating them, I’d say that anyone who did call him would be justified.

      And you gotta love Americans who hate their own country and take every opportunity they can to bash the country and system that allows them to be free.

  6. Douglas,
    I apologize for asking “why do you hate Russians.” I should have asked, “do you hate Russians”. It must be annoying when someone comes late to the party and tries engage in the conversation. I admire that you put up with it and post it. But I assume since it is a public dialog you want others to join in.

    So do you think Russia should have been off limits for the olympics? If so why?

    You said you have an issue with Communism since “it is anathema to freedom and individual liberty.” I would agree, but I thought Russia was no longer Communist. I get the impression there is much corruption in their government but they aren’t communist any longer are they? Your article gave me the impression that your real problem is with their intolerance for homosexuality. For instance, at the beginning of the article you wrote, “It makes sense to have a feel-good warm-and-fuzzy video about America in the nation’s capital, but it’s quite another thing for American media to romanticize Russia and its Communist past — particularly when Russian commentators describe American athletes using gay slurs.”

    But when I read the article that was linked to this part of your article, It gave me the impression the “gay” slurs were picked out of a sea of Russian commentary. This next bit is a little fuzzy:

    Dina Gusovsky: I was actually born in Russia when it was still the Soviet Union. I moved here in 1991 and then I was an anchor and reporter for Russia Today, which became RT America. So I know I thing or two about Russia.
    Ted Kemp: So, they’re saying some negative things. Give us some examples. What type of things are you hearing a lot of as you’re listening to these broadcasts.
    Dina Gusovsky: Well, anytime they talk about the Americans they use their favorite derogatory term, which is ‘bindorse.’  I can’t quite translate into English because we would get in a lot of trouble. The first part of it is a derogatory term about people’s sexuality. The second part of it is a version of “stupid Americans.”  They combined the two. They got creative — they combined the two and came up with ‘bindorse.’

    Who are the “they” that Dina keeps referring to? I tried to watch the embedded video but I couldn’t for some reason. I did find this post on the site however.

    “OMFG I just can’t listen to this BS she is talking in this video. As a Russian, I have never ever in my life heard the word “pindosy” (пиндосы) from sports announcers on the TV, radio, etc. So, Dina, if you in fact have, please share the link to prove it (otherwise, пиздеть не кули ворочать). 
Yes, there is such a slang word, yes, Russians use it, yes, this word has a negative value. But the etymology of this word has nothing to do with your silly explanation. If you google it you would know that “pindosy” originally was a greek word which from the beginning had negative meaning. The Greeks used it to name the Pontic Greeks who they always believed to be barbarians. The Greeks also used the word to describe a narrow-minded, silly, rustic person. So this word is obviously not combined of “Sexuality” and “stupid Americans”. Lol 
Do your homework before you tell the dumb lie to the entire country.”

    Is it possible this is just more American journalistic propaganda? Perhaps there are some Americans that make a living off of discord.

    As for your joke, you wrote:
    It was a joke. People who are so freaked out about gay people that they would beat a guy for carrying a rainbow flag probably should not be creating bathrooms where guys will be staring at another man’s private parts as he pees.
    I suppose I misunderstood the joke. But if that is what you meant by the joke, it really doesn’t make any sense. If a man really wanted to get a peek at another man’s penis, wouldn’t he have a better chance of success in a larger public men’s room? I mean, one would have to be pretty obvious about it in a two person bathroom since there is only one other penis in the room right? Perhaps it was just a poor joke.

    And why do you find it interesting that I’m from N.C? What’s that all about? Do you typically share information like that about people who comment on your blogs? Did you share that information about me out of christian love for me? If so please let me know, because it felt kind of sinister.
    One more question. Do you believe that homosexuality is a good thing and should be celebrated? Thanks. Edward

    1. So do you think Russia should have been off limits for the olympics? If so why?

      Silly question. No.

      You said you have an issue with Communism since “it is anathema to freedom and individual liberty.” I would agree, but I thought Russia was no longer Communist. I get the impression there is much corruption in their government but they aren’t communist any longer are they? Your article gave me the impression that your real problem is with their intolerance for homosexuality. For instance, at the beginning of the article you wrote, “It makes sense to have a feel-good warm-and-fuzzy video about America in the nation’s capital, but it’s quite another thing for American media to romanticize Russia and its Communist past — particularly when Russian commentators describe American athletes using gay slurs.”

      Do you really think Vladimir “I kill people with radioactive isotopes” Putin has moved on? I don’t think so. Sorry to disappoint you, but my issue was primarily with American media not recognizing how ridiculous they look by lionizing Russia’s past. They look even worse considering they would go bananas (rightfully) if an NBC announcer invented a gay slur for the Russians.

      Who are the “they” that Dina keeps referring to? I tried to watch the embedded video but I couldn’t for some reason.

      The “they” are the Russian Olympic commentators. I’m assuming the Russian equivalent of Bob Costas and the gang. Whomever was doing the female gymnastics competition. She stated that in the video.

      Is it possible this is just more American journalistic propaganda? Perhaps there are some Americans that make a living off of discord.

      Given that this journalist/producer’s reputation is on the line, I don’t think she would destroy it by coming up with false translations. And, given that she was born in the Soviet Union and worked for RT America…I’m inclined to believe her over random Russians in the comments section. I have a bit of experience dealing with weirdos in my comments section, so I’ll side with NBC on this one.

      I suppose I misunderstood the joke. But if that is what you meant by the joke, it really doesn’t make any sense.

      You didn’t like the joke. You didn’t get it. End of story.

      And why do you find it interesting that I’m from N.C? What’s that all about? Do you typically share information like that about people who comment on your blogs? Did you share that information about me out of christian love for me? If so please let me know, because it felt kind of sinister.

      Are you an American? I would argue that the language you’ve used and the way you’ve framed the debate indicates that you did not grow up here. If you think mentioning that you’ve been posting from North Carolina is “sinister” then you have an extremely warped definition of ‘sinister.’ Since you want to talk about motivations, you can drop your faux sincerity at any time.

      One more question. Do you believe that homosexuality is a good thing and should be celebrated? Thanks. Edward

      I’ve already made my position clear within this thread:

      “Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” Matthew 7:1-5

  7. You wrote: “Since you want to talk about motivations, you can drop your faux sincerity at any time.”
    You’re right to a certain extent. I want to be sincere but I’m afraid I can’t stick with it. So I’ll try to be perfectly sincere with you and then I will leave you alone.

    
I sincerely believe you are not being honest. I believe you are not being honest in regard to the “joke” you told. I believe you let the hate that is in your heart peek out for a moment and you’ve tried to quickly cover it with a very unconvincing cover.

    I sincerely believe you completely avoided my question regarding the goodness of homosexuality by throwing one of your favorite passages of scripture at it. As if that too will somehow cover up the question and make it go away. I believe you are afraid to answer it honestly in public because you feel the power that is growing in this country to thwart free speech. I think this because I feel it. It feels ominous, like communism. I wonder if people in Russia lose their business for refusing to make a wedding cakes for lesbian couples.

    I believe you told everyone I’m from N.C. to let me know that you know things about me. I believe it was a show of power. I believe that was unethical. I believe you don’t love me. I feel the hate in your words even while you quote scripture. I think you are false and I’m disappointed because I truly enjoyed your blogs.

    And yes I know, I should look at the log in my own eye before pointing out the speck in yours. Same goes for you.
    Sincerely, Edward

    1. 
I sincerely believe you are not being honest. I believe you are not being honest in regard to the “joke” you told. I believe you let the hate that is in your heart peek out for a moment and you’ve tried to quickly cover it with a very unconvincing cover.

      You can believe whatever you want — but you’re still wrong.

      I sincerely believe you completely avoided my question regarding the goodness of homosexuality by throwing one of your favorite passages of scripture at it.

      I think the quote accurately conveys how I feel about homosexuality. I’m sorry that it’s not good enough for you. That’s really not my problem. If I was running for office and you asked me that question during a town hall meeting I suppose I might owe you an extended answer. Since I’m not running for office, I owe you nothing. And yes, I already wrote on the wedding cake issue. I’m well aware of it.

      I believe you told everyone I’m from N.C. to let me know that you know things about me. I believe it was a show of power. I believe that was unethical. I believe you don’t love me. I feel the hate in your words even while you quote scripture. I think you are false and I’m disappointed because I truly enjoyed your blogs.

      I believe that most people who comment on WordPress blogs know that their IP address is readily available. That’s not really a show of power, when you can start your own WordPress blog and see exactly where your own audience is from. Again, I do not believe you’re originally from North Carolina. You might live there now, but I don’t believe you have lived in the U.S. your entire life. Americans don’t refer to “Westerners” and “American propaganda” they way that you have. Although…depending on the college they went to I suppose it’s possible.

      I’m sorry if you don’t believe that I have a love for you as a human being (i.e., ‘Philia’). Again, believe what you want. It’s your choice.

    2. Doug, I like your writing and most of the subject matter. But I have to say, reading this comment thread left me feeling sort of yucky. Do you really think it will encourage readers to take part in the dialog if you reveal things about them which they’ve chosen not to?

    3. I’m from D.C. Hube is from Delaware. Carl is from Minnesota. Patrick is from Colorado. Lizard19 is from Montana. Emmanuel is from Florida. While all of these things came out during the course of normal conversation, I wouldn’t feel “yucky” disclosing that information in the past if I felt it might add something to the conversation.

      The guy from Ireland who wants to troll Americans on U.S. slavery is interesting. The guy from North Carolina who sounds like he was hired by Putin as Communism’s personal apologist is also interesting. My “troll radar” is pretty good, and I think considering that I’ve maybe referenced someone’s country or state three times in the four years I’ve been blogging…I’d say that’s a pretty good track record.

      There are apparently almost 54,000 square miles in North Carolina. If someone is discouraged from commenting because I told other readers that they physically exist somewhere within those 54,000 square miles, I’m not too worried about it.

      Edit: I fixed my Delaware typo. Sorry, Hube. 🙂

    4. I don’t think it’s “yucky” either. It’s not like Doug has revealed their address, phone number or place of employment.

    5. That’s my thing: I could understand if I was giving out IP or email addresses. I’m not doing that. There are some trolls who I have really wanted to do that to (i.e., comments that I sometimes delete that are along the lines of “F***DougA**Hole!”) Sometimes I leave that sort of thing up, but other times it’s just too over the top and distasteful. If someone does a “drive-by” insult, I have no problem making a joke about “the guy in Ohio” in his mom’s basement. I’ve done that a few times.

      I think anyone who reads my blog (and the comments section) on a regular basis knows that I’m a pretty fair — and patient — guy. However, I have no problem putting trolls in their place. I think it’s entirely relevant to the conversation when a guy from Ireland wants to get on a moral pedestal and lecture Americans on racial diversity. Like I said: “Where is the Irish Barack Obama?” Notice that he disappeared when Hube asked him for solutions? Notice he didn’t respond when I wanted his “Top 10” list of things that prevent minorities from attaining the vast majority of their dreams in 2014 America? If he shut up, it wasn’t because his feelings were hurt as it pertains to privacy — it was in part because I added an element to the conversation that could be used to intellectually nail him to the wall.

    6. I think Eve has a valid question, my first thought was I know where most of the regular commenters are from, so what’s the big deal. Then I thought most of the regular readers have had time to get to “know” each other, and Edward isn’t a regular, he should give info about himself on his own time. However, Doug makes an excellent point about “troll radar”, despite questions on Emmanuel/does Doug hate Russians/Doug’s joking reference; in the end all Edward seemed to want to accomplish is blasting Doug for being Christian and not have a hard lined stance on gays….ie, Doug is not a good Christian. Even in his outrage over his state being mentioned he asks if Doug did this out of a Christian love, and later says “you (Doug) don’t love me.”.

      I get the impression Edward had no interest in becoming a regular commenter, it seems his whole purpose was to point out Doug either isn’t conservative or religious enough….Doug’s radar was correct. If mentioning his state gets him flustered enough to finally get to his point, I think Doug is justified getting past the “faux sincerity”.

      I agree with Carl, in that it would be over the line if addresses/IPs were revealed, but that wasn’t done. And, I’ve been reading since almost the beginning of this blog, Doug only uses that move rarely and on trollers. I’ve been impressed he’s had a long rope with some difficult commenters.

    7. Doug makes an excellent point about “troll radar”, despite questions on Emmanuel/does Doug hate Russians/Doug’s joking reference; in the end all Edward seemed to want to accomplish is blasting Doug for being Christian and not have a hard lined stance on gays….ie, Doug is not a good Christian. Even in his outrage over his state being mentioned he asks if Doug did this out of a Christian love, and later says “you (Doug) don’t love me.”.

      I get the impression Edward had no interest in becoming a regular commenter, it seems his whole purpose was to point out Doug either isn’t conservative or religious enough….Doug’s radar was correct. If mentioning his state gets him flustered enough to finally get to his point, I think Doug is justified getting past the “faux sincerity”.

      If I was a bartender, you would get the next round for free.

      I’ve been reading since almost the beginning of this blog, Doug only uses that move rarely and on trollers. I’ve been impressed he’s had a long rope with some difficult commenters.

      I think when I make it to ten years I’m going to ask a small group of reader to send me their real address, so that I can send them the elusive “Doug Prize.” When they receive it they’ll forget they ever wanted Marvel’s coveted “No Prize.”

    8. I understand all that about avoiding trolls, and I see that almost all the regulars are in agreement. You can go see my stats too– I come here often to read and browse comments but I don’t often comment myself. From my perspective, it was “yucky”– rude and uncalled for. You are capable of making your points in other ways. I agree with you Patrick, Edward wanted Doug to take a stance on homosexuality– a polite answer without condescending would have been pretty easy given Doug’s intellect. (Y’all are smart! That’s why I never comment!) Doug, if you feel you don’t owe a “drive by insulter” a lengthy explanation, why not keep it simple– love the sinner, hate the sin. Or just be honest and tell people you’re not interested in debating theology.

    9. 1. Don’t sell yourself short. I’m sure you’re pretty smart. I welcome your input. I’m sure you have much to contribute.
      2. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on how to best handle trolls.
      3. I’m quite capable of having a discussion that delves into my faith, but when it’s obvious I’m dealing with a troll…I’m not going to go there. I could tell exactly what that guy was doing, so I gave him the most succinct answer possible. He didn’t like it — not because I didn’t answer — but because he wasn’t able to use it further his trolling efforts.

      Doug, if you feel you don’t owe a “drive by insulter” a lengthy explanation, why not keep it simple– love the sinner, hate the sin.

      Again, just to reiterate: I did do that. The chapter and verse I cited from Matthew was a sufficient answer. Whether we’re talking about “specs” or “planks,” we’re still talking about sin. That is pretty straightforward.

  8. So I’ve been getting the email notifications about this thread. I’ve learned that I’m a troll! Should have known. Even as I type this, squatting under a bridge in the mud in my soiled loin cloth, typing with my index fingers, a sorry Gollum like creature, I realize I knew all along.

    Since much of the discussion has been about my posts, I thought I might try to bring some clarity so some of the things I said and comment further on some things. I think this is an interesting discussion and it wouldn’t have happened with out my troll like ways.

    First of all, I realize I came on strong. I am an offensive person when I argue. I attack when I shouldn’t. Sorry about that. Sincerely. I will try to control my troll like urges and act civilized.

    Patrick wrote:
    “However, Doug makes an excellent point about “troll radar”, despite questions on Emmanuel/does Doug hate Russians/Doug’s joking reference; in the end all Edward seemed to want to accomplish is blasting Doug for being Christian and not have a hard lined stance on gays….ie, Doug is not a good Christian. Even in his outrage over his state being mentioned he asks if Doug did this out of a Christian love, and later says “you (Doug) don’t love me.”.
    I get the impression Edward had no interest in becoming a regular commenter, it seems his whole purpose was to point out Doug either isn’t conservative or religious enough….Doug’s radar was correct.”

    Well, I may be a troll, but believe it or not, I’m a christian troll. Jesus loves trolls too right? So Patrick is way off base. Doug is obviously a christian since he uses scripture to make various points. My asking him if what he did was out of christian love for me was from one christian to another. It was a good question. He has to love me because he is my brother. He owes it to me and I to him. “Love one another, for love is of God. He who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love, does not know God, for God is Love.”

    He says he did it without any ill will. If so no foul. However Doug, your quote: “My “troll radar” is pretty good, and I think considering that I’ve maybe referenced someone’s country or state three times in the four years I’ve been blogging…I’d say that’s a pretty good track record.” suggests that you know its wrong or you wouldn’t have counted the number of times you’ve done it. But, perhaps I’m misunderstanding something still.
    Patrick wrote: “in the end all Edward seemed to want to accomplish is blasting Doug for being Christian and not have a hard lined stance on gays….ie, Doug is not a good Christian. “

    I don’t expect Doug to have a hard lined stance on gays. I just expect him to have a stance…period. He obviously has definite stances on some things. Such as when he wrote:

    “I think beating someone with a baton and hauling them off to jail for the “crime” of carrying a rainbow-colored flag is pretty evil. I think people who have a proper understanding of their faith can look at anything deemed “propaganda” and reject it without the aid of the police. I also think coming up with mean-spirited words or phrases for the sole purpose of inflicting psychological harm on gay people is morally reprehensible.”

    So here we see an example of Doug taking a hard line stance. And when Emmanuel replied with:
    ““for the sole purpose of inflicting psychological harm on gay people…”
    Isn’t that like shooting a dude whose already dead?
    “is morally reprehensible…”
    …like homosexuality itself.”

    Doug replied with:
    “Isn’t that like shooting a dude whose already dead?” — The Person Who Is Person (Emmanuel)
    I was going to delete this comment, but I want to keep it up so other can see the hate and anger that dwells within your heart.
    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” Matthew 7:1-5
    You are banned until March 9. If you post between now and then the ban will double.”

    What bothered me about this is way you handled it Doug. I couldn’t put my finger on it before, but what Emmanuel was saying was that he thought that homosexuality was also “morally reprehensible”. And his analogy of inflicting psychological harm on gay people was like shooting someone who was already dead was an interesting comment. I realize the analogy that he chose was provocative, and I believe he is wrong, but I don’t think you helped him out much by punching him with scripture and throwing him out of the conversation. I don’t think he is enlightened now. He probably just thinks you are part of the system that is trying to stifle dialog and freedom of speech. I like that he is not afraid to speak his mind, even if he may be wrong.

    What is also bothersome is the scripture you use to shut him down.
    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” Matthew 7:1-5
    So what you are essentially saying to him is that he has a speck in his eye and as a result he can’t say anything about homosexuality being morally reprehensible. But aren’t you then “looking at the speck” in his eye? And if so, can’t this same scripture be used against you when you judged him? Or when you judged the man who hit the guy with the rainbow flag? How do you know that you don’t have a plank in your eye? It also says, “First remove the plank in your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” So how do you know he hasn’t already removed his plank? Are we to assume that it is only you and your friends that agree with you that are clear eyed?

    Patrick wrote: “If mentioning his state gets him flustered enough to finally get to his point, I think Doug is justified getting past the “faux sincerity”.”
    This is worrisome. First of all, it wasn’t the mentioning of my state that drew me out, so to speak. It was his questioning of my sincerity. However, do the ends justify the means? I don’t blog. I don’t even usually comment. However, if I did, I would like to think I wouldn’t publish personal information in order to put someone in their place. It’s just not ethical fellas. Be better than that. Don’t do it.

    Douglas wrote: “There are apparently almost 54,000 square miles in North Carolina. If someone is discouraged from commenting because I told other readers that they physically exist somewhere within those 54,000 square miles, I’m not too worried about it.”
    The geographical area you mention has little to do with finding someone on the internet. By adding that I’m from NC, you’ve certainly narrowed the search.
    Douglas wrote: “I’m quite capable of having a discussion that delves into my faith, but when it’s obvious I’m dealing with a troll…I’m not going to go there. I could tell exactly what that guy was doing, so I gave him the most succinct answer possible. He didn’t like it — not because I didn’t answer — but because he wasn’t able to use it further his trolling efforts.”

    So haven’t you judged me here? And the judgement with which you’ve judged me is the same standard that will be used to judge you by our Father right? It seems like you are constantly judging people on here. I have been judged a troll. I have been judged to not be sincere. Isn’t it even possible you’ve got a plank in your eye?

    You said I didn’t like your answer to my question because I “wasn’t able to use it to further” my trolling efforts. But that’s not why I didn’t like it. I didn’t like it because it didn’t answer the question at all. You might as well have said, “Man who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers.” Its nonsense. At least thats the way it seems to me. The best I can make out what you might mean is, when it comes to homosexuality, we can’t judge because we all have planks in our eyes. But why is this true only for homosexuality? You seem to think we can judge other things easily enough. You seemed to judge Emmanuel easily enough.

    Anyway. I hope that this somewhat clears up what I was trying to say. I am interested in dialog. I’m sorry for my troll like qualities. I’m going to go back under my bridge now. My fish head dinner is getting cold.

    1. First of all, you might want to work on your reading comprehension skills, as Patrick used words like “seemed” and phrases like “I get the impression.”

      He says he did it without any ill will. If so no foul. However Doug, your quote: “My “troll radar” is pretty good, and I think considering that I’ve maybe referenced someone’s country or state three times in the four years I’ve been blogging…I’d say that’s a pretty good track record.” suggests that you know its wrong or you wouldn’t have counted the number of times you’ve done it. But, perhaps I’m misunderstanding something still.

      I know roughly how many times I’ve referenced someone’s country/state because it’s my blog and I’m the moderator. I could pull up comments certain people made years ago because, again, I know my own blog better than anyone else. So yes, you are “misunderstanding.”

      What bothered me about this is way you handled it Doug. I couldn’t put my finger on it before, but what Emmanuel was saying was that he thought that homosexuality was also “morally reprehensible”. And his analogy of inflicting psychological harm on gay people was like shooting someone who was already dead was an interesting comment. I realize the analogy that he chose was provocative, and I believe he is wrong, but I don’t think you helped him out much by punching him with scripture and throwing him out of the conversation. I don’t think he is enlightened now. He probably just thinks you are part of the system that is trying to stifle dialog and freedom of speech. I like that he is not afraid to speak his mind, even if he may be wrong.

      His comment wasn’t “interesting” — it was disgusting. It was just as disgusting as the time he said he “learned” gay people were responsible for the Holocaust. I threw him out of the conversation because in the few short months he’s been here he’s managed to annoy almost everyone he’s come into contact with (e.g., calling Carl a sexist over a disagreement over Wonder Woman of all things) and instead of taking the friendly advice that I, Carl, Patrick, Lightbringer, Hube and others have given him he decided to continue behavior that I won’t tolerate on my blog.

      I’m not sure if you get how “free speech” works. Emmanuel, you and everyone else who comes onto my blog does not have a “right” to have their comments appear. Likewise, if you have a blog you can run it your way. When the federal government starts shutting down your blog because you criticized the president, then you’ll have a case. If he is going to “speak his mind” on this blog in the future, then he will do so by my rules. That means there is a certain amount of tact that is expected; those who habitually ignore my warnings are banned.

      So haven’t you judged me here? And the judgement with which you’ve judged me is the same standard that will be used to judge you by our Father right? It seems like you are constantly judging people on here. I have been judged a troll. I have been judged to not be sincere. Isn’t it even possible you’ve got a plank in your eye?

      I believe that you are trolling these message boards to a large extent. I do not believe you are very sincere regarding your inquiries into this post and the comments section. For instance, saying that you’re trolling my blog does not mean that the totality of Edward is a “troll,” that your life is not valuable, or that you are not worthy of love. Most people get that, but yet you are either a.) clueless or b.) playing dumb games just to pat yourself on the back for how witty you are. I have plenty of planks in my eyes. Regardless, I’m ready to meet God the moment He calls me. That is a fact. That is why I suggest you take your finger-wagging somewhere else.

      You said I didn’t like your answer to my question because I “wasn’t able to use it to further” my trolling efforts. But that’s not why I didn’t like it. I didn’t like it because it didn’t answer the question at all. You might as well have said, “Man who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers.” Its nonsense. At least thats the way it seems to me.

      I’m sorry if quoting scripture is seen as “nonsense” to you. The quote quite clearly demonstrates that I think the act of gay sex is sinful. Unlike Emmanuel, I’m not going to tip my hat to Russians who beat up guys who walk down the street carrying rainbow flags, though. I’m confident that if God wanted me to tell Him why I told Emmanuel off, He’d get it. That’s why you’ll have to forgive me, but I’m not going to take too much stock in what you have to say regarding my behavior towards him or the moderation of this blog.

    2. Edward, I never once said you were (or weren’t) Christian, and specifically said “I get the impression…” or “seems like…” because I don’t know what your intentions are; however those were the impressions I got reading your comments.

  9. Patrick wrote: “Edward, I never once said you were (or weren’t) Christian, and specifically said “I get the impression…” or “seems like…” because I don’t know what your intentions are; however those were the impressions I got reading your comments.”

    I know Patrick. I know you didn’t declare I wasn’t a christian. When I said you were “way off base”, I meant your “assumptions” were “way off base.” You were guessing and your guesses were amiss. That’s all. So do I still need to work on my reading comprehension skills Doug?

    Doug wrote: “I’m not sure if you get how “free speech” works. Emmanuel, you and everyone else who comes onto my blog does not have a “right” to have their comments appear.”

    I do know how free speech works. I realize you are under no obligation to allow us to post on your site. What I said was, “He probably just thinks you are part of the system that is trying to stifle dialog and freedom of speech.” I didn’t say “I think you are obliged to allow all posts.” I didn’t say, “I think you are against free speech.” So do you want to take some reading comprehension classes with me?

    1. I said “I’m not sure if you get” how free speech works. So no, I won’t need to take remedial classes on reading comprehension with you.

      With that said, your participation in this thread is now officially over. You’ve cluttered it up enough with your psychobabble and stupid semantic trolling. You are welcome to try again elsewhere if you can keep your big boy pants on.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s