In August, a contest was announced in which Americans who came up with the slickest propaganda for Obamacare would be awarded cash prizes. This week, the winners of the HHS/ “Young Invincibles” project were announced; one happened to be a song titled ‘Forget About the Price Tag.’ Seriously. You can’t make this up.
Still wondering if you live in the Twilight Zone? Enjoy the ride, my friends. Enjoy the ride.
HHS’s grand prize-winning video, [Forget About the Price Tag], announced Monday by the White House, features a young woman named Erin McDonald singing an Obamacare-loving version of Jessie J’s hit single, “Price Tag.”
Without a hint of irony, McDonald sings her chorus: “Ain’t about the, uh, cha-ching cha-ching. Ain’t about the, yeah, bla-bling bla-bling. Affordable Care Act. Don’t worry ’bout the price tag.”
McDonald, of course, is referring to the reasons young people should buy health insurance without worrying “’bout the price tag.”
But it gets even better.
In a Google hangout on Monday, actor Kal Penn hosted the award ceremony with the top three winners in each of the following categories.
Yes, that would be reliable White House Hollywood stooge Kal Pen. For those of you who forgot, he’s the guy who was so distraught over the presidency of George W. Bush that he penned ‘Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay’ — yet has fallen silent as his good buddy Barack Obama:
- Failed to close Gitmo. (Note: I believe the function Gitmo performs would be necessary even in its absence. I’m just pointing out Penn’s hypocrisy.)
- Came up with a “Terror Tuesday” kill list, otherwise known as the “Disposition Matrix.” Can you get any creepier?
- Expanded the use of drones overseas, to include killing Americans without due process.
- Tried to sell the public a bombing campaign on Syria until Congress, public outcry and Vladimir Putin (yes, Putin) stopped him in his tracks.
- Found himself in the Associated Press and Fox News spying scandals.
- Found himself in the NSA spying scandal.
Two questions for Kal Penn:
- If you’re an American overseas and you survive a drone attack, are you covered by Obamacare?
- When are you going to write: ‘Harold and Kumar Get Droned’? Tens-of-thousands of people have read my satire piece on it. I’ll give you the WordPress stats to prove it. The demand is there, Mr. Pen. What’s keeping you from moving forward?
By I digress. Back to the Obamacare.
A lot of young voters were led to believe that the Republican Party was just for “old white guys.” They bought into the spin and, like zombies, voted for the guy who created a wealth-transfer monster that would confiscate their earnings to pay for the benefits of … old white guys. Classic! Obamacare is one big generational theft scam, and millions of kids bought into it. They’re realizing that now, which is why conservatism isn’t going anywhere. It might be perpetually under attack, but the idea that limited government produces greater freedom and individual liberties can not be extinguished.